1/2 cup organic coconut oil
1 cup organic brown sugar
1/4 cup non-dairy milk (we use unsweetened almond milk or soy milk)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups unbleached organic flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/3-1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the coconut oil and sugar in mixing bowl (such as a KitchenAid). Then, mix in the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Mix until it resembles cookie dough.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and any other add in you would like, such as nuts, dates, vegan marshmallows, etc. (M1 added one Dandie marshmallow to each cookie.)
5. Roll into golf ball sizes and put on cookie sheet. Flatten gently with your palm.
6. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 8-10 minutes, depending on how chewy you like your cookie.
7. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and use spatula to place on wire rack to finish cooling.